Every year as a creative you are searching for new ways to grow your business. There are so many places to find inspiration out there that sometimes it’s hard to find a place to start. I am constantly looking for things to push me not only personally but also professionally, so that I can provide my clients with the best experience possible. I find that when I read and push my thoughts to different places, it helps me to be more creative and in turn, get excited to create.
I have read that only 1 in 4 people feel as though they are reaching their creative potential. You should always strive to be that “1”. Here are some things that I think may help you this year to grow a more fulfilling and profitable business.
- In order to grow, I try and learn something new every single day. I make lists. Not just “to do lists” but lists for my creative path. I jot down ideas, dreams, and goals. This also serves as my guideline for future projects.
- Create in that moment and worry about the edit later. Too many times we voice ideas and they are shut down. They are shut down by family, friends, or other creatives because they do not fully see our vision. My advice to you is to go and create. See where your imagination can take you. Be in that moment and worry about the edit later. When you let yourself be free, its amazing to see where your creativity can take you.
- Keep an open mind. As creatives our minds wander. We are interested in many different topics and ideas which allows us to learn and connect with many people. This open mindedness is what enables us the ability to connect with our clients since each of their stories are unique and deserve to be told accordingly.
- Collaborate. Two minds are better than one and four are better than two. When you are able to create a community of creative minds, it frees you to voice your ideas out loud. It gives you a platform to bounce those ideas and nurture them to grow. This not only helps you but those around you dig deep to find that creative push.
- Read! I find a lot of value in the books I have on my shelf. A few of my favorites to help you grow your business and push you personally are:
Steal Like An Artist, Purple Cow, Tribes, and Make it Happen
So I encourage you to go out and create. Find your tribe of people to connect with. Grow your business.
If you are a creative in the area surrounding Myrtle Beach, SC, please message me to learn more about how you can get involved with our local Rising Tide Society Tuesday’s Together Group!